Although many of us may associate foot pain and custom orthotics with the elderly population, the truth is that foot pain is no respecter of age. People of all ages and activity levels can experience problems that can be greatly helped with custom orthotics.
- Diabetes patients – As a result of diabetes, many patients experience damage to nerves that leads to their feet becoming numb or insensitive to pain and injury. Proper orthotics are crucial for these patients.
- People with arthritis – Individuals with rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis often experience great discomfort in their feet. Custom orthotics can help redistribute weight and relieve pressure to sensitive areas, thus greatly decreasing the level of pain experienced.
- Active runners – Many runners or other athletes experience foot pain, often as a result of plantar fasciitis. This can happen from over training, excessive hill work, or calf muscles that are not properly stretched.
- People with biomechanical issues – Flat feet with high arches or excess pronation can also lead to plantar fasciitis.
- Anyone experiencing heel pain – Even if you don’t fit into one of the above categories, heel pain is still abnormal. You don’t need to settle with this discomfort. At Abbott Foot & Ankle Clinic, we can help you find the best solution, whether that’s custom orthotics or a number of other solutions.
Here at Abbott Foot & Ankle Clinic, we want to help you find the solutions you need to get up on your feet again. We know you’ll be more than satisfied with our excellent customer service and highly professional services that are sure to deliver the results you need. Call us today.